Mr. Lincoln G. Robinson
Chairman & COO – Interlinc Communications
A media practitioner and communications consultant with over 35 years experience, Mr. Robinson’s competence spans the areas of advertising, research, public relations / promotions, events management, advocacy campaigns, social marketing and corporate communications.
Experienced in all areas of the media radio, television and press, both locally and internationally, as well as in the public and private sectors, Mr. Robinson is the former Managing Director the Jamaica Observer newspaper, General Manager of CVM-Television, and has held several positions at the former Jamaica Broadcasting Corporation, JBC.
Currently, Chairman and Chief Operations Officer of Interlinc Communications which he established a decade ago, his vast experience includes administrative, technical and research assignments as well as senior management and leadership positions. Among his international experience are assignments with the Commonwealth Secretariat, the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and the Interpress News Agency (IPS)
Recipient of a Commonwealth Scholarship from the British Government, Mr. Robinson holds a Masters Degree in Development Communications from Leicester University and a Bachelor of Arts degree (Hons.) in Political Sociology from the University of the West Indies. He received his secondary education at Calabar High School. He serves a number of civic and professional organizations including United Way of Jamaica, Crime Stop, the Media Association of Jamaica, and the International Association for Mass Communications Research.
He is a Past President of the Rotary Club of New Kingston and a Paul Harris Fellow.
At A Glance
- Date of Birth: April 23, 1955
- Citizenship: Canadian, Jamaican
- Education: B.A. Political Sociology, University of the West Indies; M.A., Development Communications, Leicester University (Commonwealth Scholar)
- Languages: English
- Marital Status: Married with 2 children
Other Positions Held
- Director, Media Association of Jamaica
- Member, International Association for Communication Research
- Past President, Rotary Club of New Kingston
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- Director, Ward Theatre Foundation
- Director, Jamaica Cancer Society
- General Manager, CVM Television
- Managing Director, Jamaica Observer